Bamboo Rice is one of most popular varieties of rice, grown in India Forest. It is the seed that is produced by a flowering bamboo at the end of its life span.
Bamboo rice is rich in various nutrients and minerals including carbohydrates, fibre and protein. Bamboo rice has properties that enhances fertility. Bamboo rice tastes like wheat but has a low glycemic index which best suits for diabetic patients.
Bamboo rice is a medicinal rice used in Ayurveda, used to treat many types of diseases. Bamboo rice removes toxins from body and keeps body fit and healthy.
Bamboo Rice can be used to make Biryani, Bamboo Rice Puttu, Payasam and Bamboo Rice Dosa.
- It is considered to be a healthier option for diabetics, due to its Low Glycemic Index.
- It also strengthens and energises the body.
- Rich in Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium and Phosphorus content.
- It reduces and relieves joint pains and diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- It lowers cholesterol levels
- Slightly sweet in taste and generally cooked like any other rice.
- Bamboo Rice is rich in fiber and protein
- It helps prevent constipation and colon cancer.
- Bamboo Rice is a good source of amino acids
- Bamboo Rice is rich in carbohydrates and Vitamin B
- It is low fat and also helps in lowering bad cholesterol
- It keeps blood pressure levels in control
- Bamboo Rice is good for nerve health
- It gets rid of toxins in the body